What is Website Maintenance Services?
We often see quite a number of people searching around for website maintenance packages and services from reputable suppliers in the UK. We have put together some common answers to those wondering what website maintenance can include and what to expect from your website agency.
“You seriously don’t have a website?”
In this age of the internet, the term “I do not have a website” is seriously frowned upon in the business world. You knew that and made a website. Whether it was yourself who built it from scratch or outsourced the job of website development. But the job didn’t end there. It required routine “maintenance”.
Wait… Is this a car or something that you are asking me to provide maintenance for?
No. But the analogy is not that far away. Just like a car needs routine maintenance – with oil and engine checks etc. – so it doesn’t break down in the middle of the road or when you were already getting late for an important meeting, your website also needs maintenance.
What is a Website Maintenance Service?
To put it briefly, it is routinely checking websites for any potential issues. Regularly upgrading it with new patches, keeping it updated and adding features – whilst ensuring that introducing new pages, or making any alterations, does not mess up the look and feel of the website.
What is involved in Website Maintenance?
Now that you have some idea of what website maintenance is, you would ask “what does website maintenance include?” It is basically an answer to a few of the following questions:
- Are the webpages loading as you intended them to?
- Is the website loading speed appropriate? It shouldn’t be more than 3 seconds.
- Do you have routinely backup systems for your previous website data and versions?
- Is the website up to date with new plugins, features, and patching updates?
These are the questions that need to be routinely answered for website maintenance. In addition, the following are the questions that need to be looked upon after a while, typically after the time between a quarter to full year:
- Does the website structure need to be remodelled according to newer designs?
- Do the advertisements need to be changed or updated?
- Is there any update to personal information?
- And finally, does the website domain need renewal?
Benefits of Website Maintenance
Website maintenance is one of those tasks that does not require immediate attention. But this scenario is very similar to a human’s health. If it isn’t properly maintained it will end up causing a lot of unnecessary and painful charges, BOTH literally and figuratively. A few reasons why you should routinely be looking for your website’s health are:
- The security of your website is ensured. It is incredibly important especially for WordPress and Magento to be updated regularly as old websites are like an open season for attacks by hackers.
- The website should incorporate newer methods that are easier to navigate for customers. If it is even slightly difficult, you would immediately lose a potential customer. Furthermore, if the website has any errors or typos, it tarnishes the professionality of the brand image.
- SEO is necessary to attract new customers to your website. Google ranks websites on its search engine that provide the most relevant data with new and up to date information.
- You can review the top-performing articles and blog posts with updated information. Introducing new changes on the overall website will retain the old traffic and attract a newer one as well.
Website Maintenance with Kleo Digital
Most business-running people often outsource the website development because they may be too busy for it or that it involves several technical features for which they might have very little knowledge.
As we saw earlier, it is a hectic and time-consuming task, especially if you have many webpages or are looking for more complex functionality – having more than a hundred is not that uncommon even for small-scale businesses. Which is why, we at Kleo Digital, are here for you. We are a professional team that handles such tasks on a daily basis. We know what to look for and where. You can hire us on a pre-set number of hours basis, where we spend those hours on your website maintenance, every month. In addition, our offerings include:
- Bronze, Silver, and Gold Website Maintenance Packages
- Website Hosting
- Updating and code-change implementation to WordPress, Shopify & Magento Websites
- 1-2-1 General Website Reviews (per month basis)
- And finally – all day, any day website support!
Maintaining websites isn’t too hard. But it can be quite complex if you don’t know what you are looking for, especially when you don’t have time to look for every tiny detail. We have got that covered for you. Let us handle the upkeep of your website, so you can spend your time on demanding tasks of running the business. Take a look at our website security & maintenance services for more information.